Rev Samuel Patterson
11am 2nd & 4th Sundays
Thursdays 11am (following the 2nd & 4th Sundays)
We gather fortnightly on Sundays for the Holy Eucharist with hymns.
On the Thursday following the Sundays when we gather we have our more informal mid-week Service of the Word which can take on a variety of forms, sometimes Morning Prayer but also reflective services and, in Lent and Advent, Study/Reflective groups.
Please note, the postcode will take you past the church to a nearby street. We are located behind the village pub with access to the left of the pub.
Welcome to the smallest and perhaps the simplest of the churches within our group. The nave and chancel, although restored (circa. 1880), date from sometime after 1424 when Goldcliff priory, located approximately one mile south-east on the coast, was destroyed by a storm. It is possible that some of the limestone blocks used to build this church came from the remains of the priory. The western tower seems to date from the 18thcentury, or even as late as the early 19th century and may be contemporary with the ceiling and cornice of the nave and chancel. The chancel arch is a Victorian insertion, the building having originally been a single cell. The tower contains one bell, recast by Taylors of Loughborough in 1969. The font is medieval and has an 18th century cover. A brass on the north wall of the nave records the great flood of 1606/07 and the loss of property and life and makes interesting reading.