Postcode: NP18 2BZ
- Every Sunday 9.30am
Local Pastoral Contact
- Rev Celia Jones 01633 413647
The spire of St Mary’s Church Nash is a landmark for many miles around. The tower is unusually located on the north east side of nave. The Church was formerly larger, as markings indicate that there was once a north aisle to the nave (demolished 1792). The timber frame ‘chapel’ style windows and the classical style south doorway are unusual. However the glory of this church are the interior fittings comprising a complete set of 18th century furnishings – box pews, a three decker pulpit (with sounding board) and a western gallery. The chancel was rebuilt in 1861. Note the fine stained glass in the east window – the figures are portrayed in modern dress. Also of interest is the hidden ‘squint’ – a peep hole through the thickness of the church wall, from the tower room into the chancel to afford a direct view of the altar during the Eucharist. During 2004/2005 the church underwent major repair and restoration, although further external repairs now have to be tackled. The tower holds a fine ring of six bells, by various founders mainly from the 18th century.
Nash Church is open daily from 10am – 4pm during July & August. An opportunity to see a Grade 1 Georgian interior.